Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

DATE MOVIE (THE UN-RATED CUT)





 From two of the writers who brought you the hilarious Scary Movie films now bring you a spoof on romantic comedies. The story is about an ugly fat girl named Julia Jones (Alyson Hannigan) who is part of a Greek, Indian, Japanese and Jewish Family and falls in love with a man named Grant Funkyerdoder (Adam Campbell). Thinking that Grant won't love her because of her looks, she goes to a love Therapist named Hitch (Tony Cox) to make her look beautiful. After when she gets a makeover, she and Grant start dating and then fall in love with each other. The two of them want to get married, but first they must befriend with each other’s parents and get a wedding planner. However the person that's standing in their way is Grant's ex-lover Andy (Sophie Monk) who plans to break Julia and Grant up.

 


Remember how funny the Scary Movies were, Date Movie was nothing like the Scary Movies. I mean most of the humor in the film was either dull or gross. Now first of all I'm fine with gross humor, but this films disgusting humor wasn't funny at all it was just sick! I mean there was so much of it, it just made me want to throw up. When I think of sick, twisted and a god awfully unfunny scene, it's the scene when the Cats having sex with a dead body of an old lady. Now you're probably wondering why did I think the humor was dull. Well, usually when I see a comedy the actors make it fun and enjoyable, the actors in this film don't even put the effort into making this film funny. To me it looks like they're saying "Here's a random parody from a film that you'd probably know or heard of...LAUGH AT IT". Believe me, I tried to laugh at every joke they threw in my face, but they just weren't funny, they were just DUMB! There were only very few scenes that made me laugh like their joke on Lord of the rings. The biggest problem that I have with the film where's the love? I only felt very little love between the main characters of the film when I see a romantic comedy I don't only want to laugh I want to feel the love between the main characters. This film had neither of it. The jokes are dumb and the love is so corny that it could just break your heart!



After seeing the Unrated Version there was really not too much of Unrated Material. The actual film is rated PG-13, but the only R rated scenes I see in the movie are the times when they curse that's it! There's really no Unrated material they probably added or extended a couple of scenes in the film, but most of those scenes are underneath the deleted scenes cartography in the Bonus Features. A note for the boys who are reading this, don't be fooled by the censored girls on the DVD case, they really are censored in the film. While I'm on the topic of reviewing the DVD which I don't usually do. I came across a bonus feature that was presented by FOX and it was how they made the King Kong Scene. This 17 minute Mockumentary is a video Diary of Peter Jackson (Played by Adam Campbell) filming KING KONG. As I watched this Mockumentary I began to laugh because it wasn't just a documentary about them filming the KING KONG scene, it was also a parody of Peter Jackson. As I watched this Mockumentary I said to myself "Why can't the film "Date Movie" be as funny as the Mockumentary I just watched". Perhaps maybe it was because they were too busy goofing around the set or something!

My final thoughts on the movie, it was dumb completely dumb! The jokes weren't funny, the Romance was corny and the characters weren't very likable. However, I have to give them credit for making Alyson Hannigan look fat and ugly they really did a good job, but sadly that doesn't save the film nor make it a film worth watching.

RATING 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment