Search This Blog

Sunday, July 31, 2011

THE SIMPSONS RIDE




This is the ride that replaced "Back to the Future: The Ride", is it a good replacement and just as thrilling as the old ride, or is it just a ride that didn't even need to be made? ON WITH THE REVIEW......

THE QUEUE AND PRE-SHOW



Before I begin, let me just tell you all right off the bat, I love "The Simpsons", they're definitely one of my all-time favorite cartoon characters and cartoon shows. The plot is The Simpsons go to a new theme park called "KrustyLand" on their vacation. The Simpsons are chosen to be the first ones to ride Krusty's new thrill ride "Thrilltacular: Upsy-Downsy Spins-Aroundsy Teen-Operated Thrillride". However, Side Show Bob has escaped from prison and wants revenge on the Simpsons for putting him in Jail. Good Plot, but what's our part in the film, we're chosen to ride with the Simpsons on the new ride and that's it.

Looking at the monitors while waiting on line, really isn't worth reviewing them because most of the footage shown really is do you remember this from "The Simpsons". When we enter the Midway, that's where all the entertainment is because in each booth you see a Simpson character trying to entertain you, while you're waiting to enter through the doors for the Pre-Show. Above the doors, there's a video showing you the beginning of the plot for the ride. With all those videos going on in the same room, I didn't know which to focus on.

While I was waiting on line I was amusingly entertained and was laughing my head off. I even enjoyed the safety video with Itchy and Scratchy. However, I didn't feel like I was somewhere else, I felt like I was still in Universal waiting to get on a ride, which isn't supposed to make me feel like that, I should feel like I'm at "Krustyland". Yes every things funny, but is the ride going to make you feel like you're in the film? 

THE RIDE

You are about to ride Krusty's new ride, however, Side Show Bob has placed traps all over the park to kill you and the Simpsons. You pass through various rides and attractions at Krustyland and even heading to Springfield. Side Show Bob also has a Giant Maggie (Who went into a Nuclear Reactor) to crush you and destroy Springfield.

First off, WHOA why did the animation change, wasn't expecting that to happen, why couldn't they put the traditional animation instead of computer animation, it would actually make me feel like I'm in the Simpsons world. The jokes are once again hilarious and fun. The best jokes are parodies on Disneyland and SeaWorld. A lot of the Simpsons characters appear in cameos on the ride, which makes the experience a lot of fun. Here's my problem though, the jokes are shown so quickly on the ride that it's hard to appreciate them. They're more shoved in your face.

Is the ride thrilling and makes you feel like you're with the Simpsons? My answer to that is yes and no. There were parts that thrilled me like when you're about to fall into hell or being inside Maggie's mouth. To be honest, I didn't really feel like I was in the film, I felt like I was watching a movie in a shaky room, while the characters are waving "Hi" to you. In fact, at the end of the ride, it's not perfectly clear if our favorite funny family is alright. I'm sure they are, but still have a happier and funny ending.

It's not entirely a disappointing ride because it has numerous references to "Back to the Future: The Ride".

It's actually sort of a sequel to the ride. On line in the Queue area, you get to find out what happened to Doc Brown's "Institute Of Future Technology" featuring a cameo of Doc Brown himself. The plot for the ride is kind of similar to "Back to the Future: The Ride", because Side Show Bob breaks into the park and starts causing chaos, kind of like how Biff breaks into the Institute and starts causing chaos. Even the part when you're in Maggie's mouth is an homage to when you get swallowed by the T-REX.

The Ride is a bit of a disappointment and something I'd rather see on a TV episode of "The Simpsons". Still the voice acting’s good, the ride has its thrills at points and is funny as the show and Movie. Something I suggest a "Simpsons" fan should experience.

RATING 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment