Search This Blog

Saturday, October 26, 2013

KILLER KLOWNS FROM OUTER SPACE

Here's a fun film from the 80's called...



An alien race of clowns have come to earth and are invading a small town. A love couple, an ex boy friend who's now a cop, and two Ice Cream men plan to stop the invasion. The film is a horror comedy that's mostly played out for laughs than it is trying to be scary.



Our heroes are all really fun and over the top. Our hero Dave (John Allen Nelson) is a really enjoyable; I love that he has a past with the love interest; and I enjoy him from becoming a cop who doesn't believe the story to becoming the films true hero. The love couple played Grant Cramer and Suzzane Synder are really fun as this old 50's fashion love couple, they're likable and the chemistry between them is good. The Terenzi Brothers are funniest human characters in the film. They're over the top, they never have a dull moment or a joke that doesn't work and on top of it, they steal the show whenever they're on screen. My favorite performance in the film however, goes to John Veron as the chief who's so strict, tough, mean and is very ignorant, that you just love to hate him. I loved John Veron as Dean Wormer in "Animal House" and I love him here.


Now lets get to our real stars, the Clowns. My goodness is this a really creative take on horror themed Clowns. They're funny, they can be scary at points and some of them are actually really cute. The designs for them are awesome, the set designs for their lair is cool, the special effects are nice, their methods of killing people is extremely creative and their spaceship is very clever. What I truly love about this movie are its parody and references to other horror flicks and films. It makes fun of films such as "The Cabinet Of Dr.Caligari", "The Wizard Of Oz", "Nosferatu", "The Blob", "Godzilla", "Alien", "Psycho", "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers", "Forbidden Planet", "Halloween", "Gremlins" and so much more and everyone of those jokes are funny and clever.  I could probably talk about the scenes and film parody's for a while but then I'd be giving away the film for newcomers. Don't worry, to make up for this, I'll do a list of my favorite moments in the movie and favorite film jokes for you in the future.

Overall it's really really fun film. It's creative, scary, funny, it's just a clever horror comedy and like I said before I will defiantly do a list of what I love from this film in the future.

RATING 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment