Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

DESPICABLE ME: MINION MAYHEM


As time went by, Universal felt like it was time to close "Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast" and do something incredibly different that "The Funtastic World Of Hanna-Barbera" and "Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast"did. It was time to stop the crossover and make an animated ride based on a movie. That ride is...


This another simulation ride, only this time it's 4-D. I never seen the film but that's not going to stop me from reviewing it. I think the big question to the ride is was it necessary to break the flow that the two original rides were doing? Well, let's find out. On with the review...

THE QUEUE


As guests are invited to Gru's house to be turned into Minions. As you wait on line, you'll not only see clips from the movie on the monitors but you'll also be taking quiz's to see if you're worthy to become a Minion. I don't mean to give any answers away but it's all C and one answer is "None of the above". They were fun at first but than it got to the point where it became annoying. Anyway, when you finally get inside the house, you enter Gru's living room to pick up 3-D glasses and watch a hilarious pre recording of Gru, welcoming guests and giving safety tips while the kids ruining the video. I have to say the design for the living room is cool to look at, and if you look around, you'll see props you may recognize from the movie.

THE PRE-SHOW

The Pre-Show takes place in Gru's lab, where he interacts with the audience through an over head window. You'll also meet the children and some of his minions but throughout the personal introduction the kids and the Minions mess a few things up. Gru, decides to leave the kids in charge while he works and when you leave young immature children in charge, you know crazy things are going to happen. First off, I just want to say I love the characters, they're funny, they're cute and likable but I'll save all my reasons for when I review the film. The comedy and humor never stops and the best part of it is how Gru interacts with the audience. He does it by showing the people he comments on, on the side monitors. He also does a quick X-ray on some of the guests and accidentally fires a "Fart Gun" at the audience. So the Pre-Show is tons of fun, but lets see if the ride does the job.

THE MAIN SHOW



You finally get turned into a Minion and have to go through some training, however, things keep going wrong thanks to the kids and the other Minions. Throughout the ride, we get nothing but tons and tons of laughs. Everything is just straight out funny and over the top that it never ceases to make me frown. I also find it cool when we see the different rooms where the minions work. There's also a cute little subplot of one of the children wanting to give Gru an anniversary gift. As for the thrills, it's enough to make you feel like you're in the lab epically with the 3-D glasses. I guess the only problem I have with this ride is I didn't feel like I was turned into a Minion but than again that's just a small nitpick. Besides, while you're being turned into a Minion, a selected seat will show a group of people being turned into a Minion and the whole ride is in the point of view of being a Minion so that's enough to convince me.

This is a great replacement! Everything in the ride works, the characters are great, the humor is fun, the thrills are good and it all comes complete with a dance room so kids can dance with a Minion or even a character if their lucky. I say it tops all the previous rides from the building. Kids are defiantly going to love it. Even though I haven't seen the film, this ride has inspired me to give it a watch.


RATING 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment