Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

HARRY POTTER AND THE FORBIDDEN JOURNEY



My senior year is starting so I thought now would be a good time to review this simulation ride.

QUEUE AREA
 


You are Muggles visiting Hogwartz and are welcomed by Albus Dumbledore (Michael Gambon). He sends all Muggles to hear a lecture on the history of Hogwartz by Professor Binns. Instead of going to the lecture Harry (Daniel Radcliffe), Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) want you to come with them to see a Quidditch Match by sneaking you out of the castle. As you walk through the Castle you'll see various props from the films, see pictures talking and interacting with another picture and see the sorting hat giving you safety instructions.

When I walked into the world of Harry Potter I was stunned by the designs of Hogsmeade and seeing the Castle. When I walked into Hogwartz I was amazed by the sets and the effects. OK I'll admit I wasn't too surprised with the talking pictures and seeing the characters of the series because I knew I was looking at a screen but somehow, I still felt like everything that's going on is really happening. I was also amazed by the floating candles and the part when Ron makes the room snow. It’s weird that Muggles are allowed into Hogwartz, but I guess that’s part of the Theme Park element. So far so good, but let's see if the main attractions as good as this.


THE RIDE
 
You sit on the enchanted bench and Harmione casts a spell to make it fly. You are flying to the Qudditch Match but along the way many dangers await such as Spiders; a loose Dragon; the Whomping Willow; and Dementors.

When I saw what I was going to be riding I was thinking to myself "What...can't they think of something more creative than that" but when the ride started I was amazed by the special effects. They don't just use a projector screen like in most simulation rides, they also use Audio Animatronics; wind effects; water; and set designs. With all these effects going on, I literally felt like I was in the Movie. What made the ride special is you get to see most of the characters from the Harry Potter Movies make cameos. The music also makes the ride thrilling as well as bringing the feel of being in the world of Harry Potter.

If you are a Harry Potter fan check it out. If you only heard of Harry Potter and may have seen a few of the films in the series this is the best place to check it out. I wasn't really a Harry Potter fan before I came on this ride, I've only seen the first three movies but after when I went on it I saw the films I missed and grew to love Harry Potter even more.

RATING 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment