Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2018

I'D LIKE TO CLARIFY A FEW THINGS ABOUT MY BLOG

Hi everyone, Tyler Michael here. I haven't received any questions about some of the things that have been going on about my blog. But for those of you who have been following my work, and are wondering about some of the things that have been happening lately such as my lack of reviews; or why I stopped reviewing current movies; I would like to take this time to inform my readers both new and longtime followers of some of the choices that I've been making over the past few years.

WHY THE LACK OF REVIEWS?

If you look at my "Blog Archives" on the right side of the screen, you may notice that there has gradually been a decrease in number of reviews that I have done over the years. In the year 2013, I have written 189 reviews, but last year I only written 42 reviews. The reason why the number of reviews that I written decreased so much is mainly because of life, and developing my style of reviews. In the year when I did 189 reviews, my reviews were mostly shorter and less detailed compared to how I currently write them, where I wish to expand upon my thoughts more than I did before, without going into too much spoiler territory. On top of it, I also had a lot of time on my hands that year. That was pretty much because I didn't have a job or went to college at that time. I had such a hard time during my High School years for a number of reasons that I needed a year off to think and plan out my future. So now that I'm committed to both my job and my college career, while also maintaining a social life, life has gotten very busy for me as the years went by. And the reviews that I write take me more time to finish then I ever did in my early years. I'm still going to find time to write reviews; but given how much I have going on in my life where I'm working and studying to hopefully pursue life-long career in this kind of field, I won't be posting as many reviews as I'd love too.

HOW DO I FIND TIME TO WRITE SO MANY HORROR REVIEWS IN OCTOBER, AND HOLIDAY REVIEWS IN DECEMBER?

You may notice in the months of October and December that there are more reviews posted in these months than in any of the other months. If I'm so busy, then how do I make time to post and write up so many of them within a month's time? Well to let you in on a little secret, even though I do write a few reviews during those months, most of these reviews are actually written and prepared in advanced. Whenever I post a review on my blog, I take the time to write up a review that's due later on in the year, and then proceed with the next current review after finishing it up. That may also help explain the lack of reviews over the years. It's just given that there are so many holiday movies and an endless amount of horror movies, I'd like to try to fill-up the months (especially October) as much as I possibly can with these types of reviews since I feel that they are highly appropriate for the season. I'm beginning to limit them so I can try to post more things, but keep in mind that if a new review is taking a while, that's partly because I'm preparing another one for later on in the year.

WHY DID I STOP REVIEWING CURRENT MOVIES?

Though I didn't review too many newly released movies, I used to review a few of them a couple of years back whenever I went to the theaters. There were a few reasons why I decided to quit reviewing current movies. A part of my reasons is finding the time and having the money to see a film on the big-screen. But the main reason why I stopped is since the majority of films that I review on my blog are old films, I intend to stick to this concept and wait at least about 3 to 5 years when reviewing a movie made this year. I know that if I'm ever seeking a profession as a critic, I'm required to review modern movies, which I'm fine with doing. But I'd rather stick with reviewing films that aren't currently out and give them a few years' time to see how they really hold-up without the hype (good or bad) surrounding them.

WHY AM I REVIEWING SO MANY FILM'S FROM 1993?

Whether many of you have noticed this or not, I've been meaning to share this collection of reviews for quite some time now. What I love to do on this blog is to not only share my thoughts on old films with all of you, but I like to experiment a bit and try to review things that either not many people review, or try to start a new trend of reviews, whether it was reviewing a few film's dedicated to a special director for each month; or reviewing (as mentioned in my last paragraph) newly released films. Well for a couple of years, I've been thinking about doing a list dedicated to a few years of film that I find to be special and would review the films first before placing them on the list. It didn't take me long to think of what year I should start out with, because I thought my birth year would be a great starting point for me to see most of the films that came out when I was born. It's been taking me plenty of time to organize the list and choose what films to review from that year, but right now I'm trying to speed up the process by watching the films I wished to see and only review the one's that will make the list. It's still going to take me time to complete it, but I want to try to see it how it goes. Don't worry my site won't be flooded with 1993 related reviews since I do intend to review other films to balance it out. Just don't be surprised if you see a few of them every now and then. It's a process that I'm trying to work on and see if I'll do it again with other films from a particular year in the future.

That's all the things I wish to address for now. If you have any questions to ask me about my blog, or even better have any requests for films that you'd like to see me review, feel free to leave a comment in any of my reviews. After all, I would love to do reviews that would interest my audience.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment