Search This Blog

Saturday, January 12, 2013

NICKELODEON'S THE REN & STIMPY SHOW PILOT EPISODE

I'm going to review a Nickelodeon show that I never watched as a kid nor did I find it entertaining or interesting. I tried watching a few episodes as a kid but they bored me and did I find them funny, I found them more obnoxious. The show is...


As the years gone by, people say it's a funny show filled with so much gross and adult humor that they couldn't believe it got past the censors. Now that I'm an adult will I like it better than I found it as a kid? I don't know, most people know that I can't stand "Family Guy", so what makes you think I'm going to like this show, because it's more for adults? Well I guess will just have to wait and see, here's my review on the Pilot episode of the show called...

 
A hot tempered Chihuahua dog named Ren and a fat red cat named Stimpy are taken to the dog pound. At first they're enjoying it but once they found out that they're going to be put to "sleep", they want out. A simple plot but there's more for me to talk about.

Our characters, well I don't find them as obnoxious as I found them as a child. I like that Ren is a hot head with a Mexican accent and I like that Stimpy is the lovable dumb and gross one. With that said, I find them a bit bland but defiantly not unfunny. I guess in a cartoon that's so over the top, do you really expect any more character then that...probably not.

The animation, the atmosphere and the characters feels like watching an old classic cartoon as if it were designed by a hyper kid with a wild imagination while being jacked up on sugar and candy with aside of drugs.Oh yeah, it's that over the top. To be honest, I really enjoyed it, I can't put my finger on the reason why but everything is so over the top and so surreal that it doesn't matter if the characters are mostly out of sync or look different then they did in their previous scenes.

I'm not sure what to make of the show. I'm not sure if I love or hate it, but it is very unusual and I enjoyed every minute of it but at the same time I don't know what to rate it or make of it.

RATING 1+2=3 out of 5, with a ?

without sounding surreal

RATING 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment