Search This Blog

Sunday, June 9, 2013

THE FIRST FILM THAT BEN AFFLECK DIRECTED

 

Ben Affleck. I'm going to be honest, I'm really not crazy for him as an actor. Maybe he's done 1 or 2 good performances but for the majority of it, I just find him unappealing.Well after Winning the Golden Globe for Best Director and having his film "Argo" win Best Picture, I think it would be appropriate to have him as the Director of the Month. Let's go to the very beginning of his debut as a Director.
 

Wow, with an interesting title like that there's only two ways this film can go. It can either be a real funny murder comedy or just plain stupid. So what's the plot? It's about some crazy guy who's hanging his wife as he laughs like a maniac and I guess kills her, a woman is auditioning for a film and that guy at the beginning is the Director. The title of the film is actually better than the film itself. Yeah, that's right, the title of the film is better than the film itself and when your title is better than the film, you're defiantly in serious trouble.

The plot goes nowhere, it's not interesting or engaging, it's just boring and stupid. The acting and characters, good god not only are they terrible and bland but the acting is just awful. The biggest problem I have is, I'm not sure if it's trying to be funny, serious or both.Whatever the case is, none of those aspects work at all. The editing, cinematography and all that other stuff just fails to not an F but to a Z.  My biggest question is HOW THE HELL DOES DISNEY FALL INTO THIS! 


"Sigh", you know when a film is just so bad, so awful, so terrible, so horrendous, so uncomfortably awkward, so painful that you don't have anything to say or how to describe it? That's what this film is. I've seen many terrible and god awfully painfully bad films such as "North", "Batman And Robin", most of Herbert Brenon's films I reviewed last month, "Junior", "Date Movie", "Robbie The Reindeer", "The Star Wars Holiday Special" and much more but this 15 minute film is so bad, so awful, that I don't know how to even explain why it's so bad. I guess there are some things in this world that can't be explained and I guess this film is one of them. I'll tell you this, I've never in my life been so happy or excited to see the credits role and to see it all fade out in the end, that was the best part of the entire movie.

"It's horrible. It's atrocious. I knew I wanted to be a director, and I did a couple of short films, and this is the only one that haunts me. I'm not proud of it. It looks like it was made by someone who has no prospects, no promise."
-Ben Affleck

RATING 0/5

No comments:

Post a Comment