Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

NUMBER 1 FAVORITE HEROE WITH AN ON GOING FRANCHISE

AND MY NUMBER 1 FAVORITE HERO WITH AN ON GOING FRANCHISE IS...

 

As a kid, I was introduced to Bond by playing the video games and while I loved shooting the bad guys with a "License To Kill" I was really attached to the character as well. Instead of playing as him, I wanted to watch him for a change, so my Father rented me "Goldfinger" and I played the tape and I was in love with the film and character while also being very hyped watching it at the same time. As time went on, I started watching more films and as I grew up and got older the character just gets cooler and cooler every time I watch the films. My first Bond film I saw in theaters was "SkyFall" and without going into any detail what I thought about the film, I will say that I'm very happy that this was the first one I saw in theaters. I will admit I haven't read one of the Books yet but trust me when I say I not only will but I'm truly interested in reading one.

So why does this Hero appeal so much to me more than the Heroes I just mentioned? First off, I love his personality.Bond is the man that almost every man dreams of being. Having a cool and classy personality, being able to take out criminals with a "License To Kill", save the world, being able to carry cool gadgets and hooking up with beautiful and sexy woman. While also being able to do most of the things that men dream of doing, he's also a really smart and clever hero. Aside from being able to pick up fast woman, he has the brains of a true hero. He knows how to get people to spill the beans, he can talk his way out of things, he cleverly figures out ways to get out of near death situations, he can outsmart people, he's great at solving clues, he knows how to foil a villain's plan and he can also be a quick thinker. That's a solid hero right there. Kind of like Spider-Man he does bring some good humor, one liners, puns and memorable quotes and even if they all don't work he still at least brings some class into it. 

What really makes the hero stand out to me over the heroes I just mentioned are the films. Now I'm not saying that all the Bond films are masterpieces, come to think of it, I don't think they're all masterpieces to begin with, even the ones that I give a rating of 5/5. I'm not going to deny that there aren't Bond films out there with a solid story, there certainly are but with that said the majority of Bond films are either campy, ridiculous or unrealistic and you know what, that's what I find great and epic about these films. They're not suppose to be realistic, they're not suppose to be dramatic, they're not suppose to be masterpieces, they're all just really big action films with a hero that almost everyman dreams of being like and that's what makes these films work. The films atmosphere and world convinces you that this stuff can really happen in the world of Bond no matter how unrealistic, silly or dumb the plans, situations and events are, it just all seems to flow naturally with the films world and style. Even the Bond films that aren't that good or seem to fail are still at least entertaining or enjoyable to watch because it still carries everything we love in a Bond film which is the action, the cars, the gadgets, the villains, the woman, the music, the exotic locations and the character Bond himself as well as the various actor's playing him. Even if some of those things I mentioned aren't always done right in a Bond film, chances are you'll still find at least one thing good or at least enjoyable in the film and to me that's what makes them all work. I haven't seen one yet where I found it as godawful as some of the films with the previous heroes I just mentioned. I even enjoyed every actor who played Bond, even the first Bond played by Barry Nelson had at least one or two good scenes even though I consider him to be the weakest Bond. By the way out of all hero theme songs, this is not only my favorite but to me personally I think this is the ultimate one!

Bond to me is now and will always be not only my favorite hero with an on going franchise but is my favorite hero and character, period, end of story. He carry's all the traits I love and enjoy from a hero and to me "Nobody does it better" then "Bond...James Bond".

And those are my Top Favorite Heroes With An On Going Franchise! I hope you enjoyed reading why I love these heroes so much and yes prepare to see me do more reviews on different film and TV adaptions on these heroes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment