Search This Blog

Monday, September 25, 2017

A FEW CHANGES ARE GOING TO BE MADE

Hi, Tyler Michael here. Before I post my horror reviews for October, I feel that now would be a good time to announce three changes that will be made for my blog. A part of me feels a little bad for breaking a few traditions, but I have my reasons for why I have to.

      THE RATING SYSTEM WILL BE CUT

This was something that I've been debating on doing for a few years now. On one hand it gives people an idea of what kind of film I think it is. You know 5/5 being great; 2/5 being Worth Watching; 0/5 being pure crap; and a 3/5 being Hit and Miss. But to be honest, I found it to be more of a tool to categorize films, rather than what I think of the film as a whole, because there are 4/5 films that I like better than I do with 5/5s. There are some 3/5's that I love better than 4/5's. Even some of the stuff I gave 5/5's too, only got that rating because I couldn't find much to fault it for. I feel like that the review should speak for itself, and should not be overall judged by the rating. However, if you want to just read my overall thoughts when I close the review, you can read it under the caps words that read "OVERALL THOUGHTS". This will also help avoid confusion for when I do TV shows, since I like to give some episodes an introduction before showing the title.

    I WILL NO LONGER DO TOP TEN LISTS AFTER EACH REVIEW SEASON OF A TV SHOW


This was another one that I've been debating really hard on excluding from my blog. But since I'm always curious to review the next Season since most of my reviews on TV Shows are first impression, I'd figure it would be best to the review the entire show first, and then do lists about it after I reviewed it. It to me just seemed to make more sense since you'd never know if an episode or Season will hold up when compared to the many others to come. Plus, I don't know if I will wind-up enjoying a show as a whole enough to really start doing lists on it, I mean what's the point if I feel like I wasted my time. Even with shows I do know and love, I feel like doing lists after reviewing them since most of these I haven’t viewed in years. It just overall keeps more focused on following the show through their Seasons, rather then stopping in between Seasons to point out the episodes that I love and hate. So yeah, the lists of favorite episodes from shows that I'm reviewing will have to wait until I am finished reviewing the show as a whole. 

   THE 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS REVIEWS WILL OFFICIALLY BE CANCELLED FOR GOOD

Out of all the things that I had to cut, or move around, this for me personally is the most heartbreaking tradition that I had to sacrifice. A major part of the reason why I had to drop this tradition is mainly because it takes me months to get it ready, and I am just getting sick of preparing 12 Christmas reviews out of season. I'd rather spend most of that time getting horror reviews ready for October since that's a genre that I highly love. But even though I'm canceling the tradition of reviewing 12 Holiday themed reviews in December, that doesn't mean that I won't have a few during that Month, because I will. I also planed to keep the tradition of reviewing "A Christmas Carol" adaptation to close all Christmas reviews, only it will be posted on Christmas Eve instead of Christmas Day.

It was overall difficult making all of these choices, but after feeling like that I wasn't able to have complete control on what I review and how to judge them properly, I feel like that these changes will give me more opportunities to see and review more films. That is all for now, take care, and tune in this October for some horror related reviews.

Peace and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment