Search This Blog

Monday, September 30, 2013

SCHWARZFAHRER (BLACK RIDER)

Here's a review on a German Oscar winning short film called...


The film takes place on a tram car and an old lady sits next to a black man and she starts making racist remarks on him and different races. The film is 12 minutes and 19 seconds long, so this will be another short review. First of all, the atmosphere is really great and the cinematography, jazz score and the film being in glorious Black & White give the film a really great urban feel. The actress who plays the heckling racist old lady, is outstanding as her character and she really comes off as someone very unlikable. I just love the people's reactions and the silence going on as they listen to her. Even the man sitting next her, is in silence as he's being hated on. I won't tell you the ending but I will tell you that it's very satisfying and made the film for me! Overall, the film has fine acting, wonderful cinematography, a great atmosphere, and is very interesting and shocking with it's topic of racist people in society. I'll be honest the film didn't wow me but it's still a highly good film.

RATING 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment