Search This Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

SHR: TOP 6 FAVORITE SONGS FROM MULTIPLICATION ROCK



Man I do I miss this show growing up. It was fun, educational, it had great humor and some of the songs are just too damn catchy! Since all or at least most of the song sketches are great and educational, I'm going to do my top favorite songs from each volume. So let me ask Chef what the is special today.

ME: "Hey Chef What's The Special Today"?

CHEF: 6 Slices of Pizza for your "Top 6 Favorite Songs From Multiplication ROCK!"

NUMBER 6

LUCKY SEVEN SAMPSON


This character is one of the best characters on the show. He has a sunny attitude, always funny and always causing trouble but always gets out of it. His song has a swingin' country tune, it's sung in a very comedic way and on top of it, it's educationally funny. The way how he sings the multiplications of 7 is really catchy and the trick he shows after you get pass ten is really interesting. The video was fun for me as a kid and I still get a kick out of it as an adult.

NUMBER 5

FIVES (READY OR NOT)
 

If there's one great way to know the multiplication tables of 5, this is the perfect way to know it. It's fun, it's catchy and it never leaves your head after you hear it, it's that catchy. When I first saw this song I was dancing to it as a kid while singing along to it and even now my toe taps to it or I still sing along to it. It's even now hard to multiply with fives without thinking of this song. The cartoon is cute but it is a tad bit creepy that kids are playing hide and seek with someone older but then again that doesn't bother me. Once you hear this song, you'll never multiply by fives the same way again!


NUMBER 4

NAUGHTY NUMBER 9

I love this song and short for various reasons. First off, I love it's cool and bluesy tune, it really makes the multiplication tables of 9 sound so cool and badass. Second, the cartoon has plenty of things you wouldn't get away with today such as a Big fat gangster cat (Who looks like a grown up Garfield) smoking cigars throughout the whole thing, and cruelty to an innocent and cute little animal character. What really brings back the memories for me is, my Dad use to play his Harmonica to this blues song and whenever I watch it or hear the song, I immediately think of my father. This was a cartoon I just couldn't refuse to put on my list.

NUMBER 3

FIGURE EIGHT


This is a very beautiful and subtle number. The animation is beautiful, the song is relaxing, the atmosphere is laid back, and once it starts singing the multiplication tables of 8, it gets catchy. What I truly love about the cartoon is it's about a young girl daydreaming during school which is something we all do. However the difference is, she's connecting her daydream to the number 8 where a lot of surreal things happen. It's a remarkable cartoon and it's very very beautiful.

NUMBER 2

THREE IS A MAGIC NUMBER



This is the song that launched this series, the song that started the series and proves that 3 is indeed a magic number! The song is very fun, soothing, beautiful and magical. The Magician that sings the song is funny and I get a kick out of him every time I see him. The animation is very funny and very surreal which is why it's so good. Much like the 5 song, you'll never count the multiplication tables of three again without hearing this song! The whole song and cartoon is just magic and even today people do covers on this great song!

AND MY NUMBER 1 FAVORITE SONG FROM MULTIPLICATION ROCK IS...

MY HERO ZERO


First off, I love how it starts by talking about the many different heroes in this world, I find it really powerful and really moving. Second, I think this cartoon is very very cute as well as being funny. Third, I know this song by heart and I still sing it. Finally and on top of it, it really shows how great the number zero is and how important it is. If your called a Super Zero, you're still good, if you're called a Super Negative then you're in trouble. This character also inspired the mascot of the series Schoolhouse Rocky. This song is my favorite as a kid and it still as powerful and strong as I remember watching it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment