Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

BATMAN THE ANIMATED SERIES: PROMO PILOT

I think it's time I start reviewing the best Batman series of all time...

As usual, I review the pilot episode (Just for the record, I'm not calling them Bat-Episodes, since I'm not reviewing the campy 60's show) before reviewing the Season. So I'm sure you're wondering what I'm going to review. Am I going to go with the airings of the show that started out with "The Cat And The Claw" or will I be reviewing the DVD order that fans love to see that started out with "On Leather Wings", well I'm going to start with neither and just review the short promo pilot...
 
This use to be a very rare piece from the show but thanks to volume 1 DVD, we can now see it. What's the story, it's Batman's first time fighting crime, he takes on a couple bad guys on the rooftop and Commissioner Gordon sees him for the first time. What I love about this short is there's no talking, it's the music that creates the tone and the drama and man is it really good. The animation is magnificent. It has great shadowing, great pace with the action and I love the close up shot of Batman when we see him in the light. The action is also really awesome too, but I won't give it away. Oh and the ending when Batman swings away is really really epic. It's an awesome start to the show and after watching this, I know that I'm watching the right and true Batman.

RATING 5/5

So I guess some of you are wondering what I'm going start with, "Cat And The Claw" or "On Leather Wings"? You'll find out probably next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment