Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

LOONEY TUNES AND MERRIE MELODIES 1929




What can I say about them. They're funny, lovable, clever and to me are the greatest cartoon characters of all time! Then we have...



that have just the same amount of fun and creativity as the "Looney Tunes". Let's jump to the beginning of it all to 1929 of their first cartoon ever.


Yes Bosko the little black boy like it or not is the first. I didn't even know he was human, I thought he was a monkey or somethin(Not to sound racist). So what's the plot? An animator decides to draw a black kid and the drawing comes to life.

Bosko, while at the same time offensive with his minstrel look and uneducated southern voice, I for some reason find him funny. I don't approve the stereotype but look at him, he's the first to act all Looney and over the top before all the "Looney Tunes". I also like how he interacts with the audience and the animator and the effect for it was really good for it's time. By the way, where did the stool seat come from if the animator didn't draw it?

Whether you find this short and character offensive or not, I think you'd still at least have some appreciation for being the first of the series. It's not that good but it's still worth a look.

RATING 2/5

Oh and by the way, people like to attack at Disney for being racist which I can understand but no one really attacks the Looney Tunes, Merrie Melodies or other cartoons that show worse images than Disney in my opinion. Don't believe me, compare this picture to a Disney stereotype picture.



 Warner Brothers

 
Disney

I'm not saying both pictures are not racist or at least stereotypical but I think we know which one is more offensive looking.

Hold on to your seat belts cause will be seeing more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment