Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

COURAGEOUS



This is an independent Christian drama. The film focuses on the lives of four police officers and an immigrant.  That's pretty much the basic plot, when I heard about the film, it sounds like a nice film but I began to wonder if this film is going to be good as people say it is or is it just a corny film that kind of forces religion.ON WITH THE REVIEW...


The characters, are they good and do their actors give a very moving performance? I'll say this about the acting, the acting is very suttling and is not really done dramatic or over dramatic, it's just natural and suttle. So yeah, it's nothing special but it matches the films tone and atmosphere. The character Adam (Played by also the director of this movie Alex Kendrick) is a father who doesn't spend time with his kids and after the loss of one of his children, he has to connect with his only remaining kid. That's a character I really felt for throughout the whole film and the scenes when he thinks about his child is really sad and moving. The character Nathan is a very courageous character cause he had to go through life without a father and he'll risk his life to save his children. His best scene is when he's in a fancy restaurant with his daughter. The Immigrant Javier is a character who I loved throughout the film and always has me hoping that he can get a job to support his family.  The other characters such as Shane and the rookie cop David are good characters too but I didn't find them as interesting or as moving as the ones I just mentioned.

The film itself is good but it's nothing epic, it's just decent. The cinematography, score, the action and the acting, are nothing great, just decent. The scenes that are emotional (Epically the scenes of the Adam missing his child) are really good, the speech at the ending is very moving, the characters are all at least likable and some of them are identifiable. The film does have a good look on life and god but for some reason I feel like the film can get either corny or boring. It has a good message but at the same time, I feel like there's a piece of the puzzle missing. I guess I can also say that this film feels more like a film made for TV or for a school maybe even Church.

So is it good or bad. Well it's defiantly watchable and the good stuff I mentioned are really good. I guess I was expecting this film to wow me like the religious film "7th Heaven" but I guess maybe I was expecting to much. Is it something I see again or put in my movie collection, maybe but this film is more of a love or hate film. It's not a fancy or a big named film but it is still enjoyable.

RATING 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment